Monday, October 25, 2010

Whale Songs

It is official; I have been ruined by movies... kids’ movies in particular.

Laying in the bed, flipping through channels, trying to find something soothing to listen to while I doze off, find a documentary about hump back whales. While an extremely erudite sounding announcer speaks eloquently about these majestic animals a sound track of their songs plays softly in the background. The images are stunning, the voice soothing, the information fascinating I am sure, but I can't concentrate on any of that. My eyes are screwed shut, my teeth clenched to prevent unwanted jaw flapping, my fist are clenched and I am thinking I will not say it I will not say it I will not say it.

Out of the dark comes my husband's voice doing a spot on imitation of Ellen DeGeneres doing Dory from Finding Nemo... "I speak whale".

Alas, he too, is ruined. :)

4 comments:

  1. I say we put Willy back in jail.
    On a serious note, i finally discovered that the whole reason there is a whaling wall in Jerusalem goes back to the time of Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. You are seriusly one of the funniest and quickest smart guys I ever knew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said and so true. Words of wisdom from the Land Before Time series, "Every husband and wife enhances the circle of life". Spoken by Grandma Longneck.

    ReplyDelete